Saturday, June 11, 2011

Introduction

This blog primarily primarily describes my life experiences & my opinion on a range of global issues affecting the world today. 

I am not a great communicator nor do I speak out publicly often. In private, though, I have never been short of ideas or opinions as I have traveled widely & experienced life in many countries during my working life. The idea of starting a blog only came to me last night while reading an ex-Canadian's blog about his retirement life in Malaysia on the MM2H (Malaysia My 2nd Home) scheme. So why not start a blog about my life experiences so that my children will one day have an easy reference of what life has been for their parents?

I was born & bred in Malaysia but spent most my working life overseas in Brunei, Europe the Middle East  before settling down as a naturalised Australian in Perth, Australia. My children live in Sydney, while my wife & I spend a large part of our retirement years in KL on MM2H. 

While this blog mainly covers personal issues, I hope it can also provide useful pointers for any reader who is thinking of visiting Malaysia or residing there during his/her golden years. I hope to also blog on banking, financial & investment issues for newbies to Malaysia. For more details on the MM2H program, refer to the links which I hope to set up (once I figure out how).  

No comments:

Post a Comment